The most often asked question at 3:00 pm across the country is probably,
“What did you do in school today?” There’s no need to ask that question again!
Here are 5 ways you can make sure that you know what’s happening in your child’s classroom, Pershing School, and South Berwyn District 100:
1. Register for eChalk. You’ll be able to see all assignments that are posted. You can sign up for email or text alerts that will be sent when the teacher posts something new. You’ll have a full understanding of what your child is doing each day at school and what is expected for homework. Here’s the link that will help you:
2. Class Dojo: Your child’s teacher has or will be sending you a sign up code. With that code, you’ll get a reminder every Friday to log in and see your weekly report of your student. With Class Dojo, your child’s teacher can track behavior, homework completion, participation, and more. You’ll also be able to get text message reminders through the Class Dojo account regarding PTA & school events, field trips, etc!
3. Parent Portal on STI: Parents who don’t already have a log-in to view their student’s information and grades, will receive one on Sept. 4th’s Parent Orientation Night. Graded work will be posted here. Report cards are paperless this year, so this is how you’ll view each report card.
4. Twitter: Each teacher has a Twitter account and posts frequently, giving shout outs for student effort; highlighting incredible moments; and giving information. Besides your classroom teacher, other support staff including reading, ESL, music, art, PE have Twitter accounts so you’ll want to follow them all. Pershing School has an account that I manage so you’ll want to follow @PanthersD100 on Twitter. The school district Twitter account is @SouthBerwyn100 All the Twitter accounts will be posted on Sept. 4th PON.
5. Facebook: Pershing School posts frequently on a Facebook page. Even if you don’t have a Facebook account, you can follow the link and see what’s posted. We’d love it if you’d like our page and comment on and like our posts!
All of the videos that I create, I share through Twitter and Facebook. I’m a new user on Instagram and I have vowed to post a pic a day. So far, I’ve been a big failure but resolve to keep trying! So follow us to follow your kids each day!
Pershing Principal Blog: http://pershingschoolprincipal.blogspot.com/